Joe Bonamassa - Driving Towards The Daylight
- Joe Bonamassa - Driving Towards The Daylight
Behind The Scenes - The making of 'Driving Towards The Daylight'.
To mark Joe Bonamassa's lucky 13th studio album "Driving Towards The Daylight", we filmed behind-the-scenes, creating a 45-minute making of documentary. Joe returned to 'The Studio at The Palms' in Las Vegas, with his Producer Kevin Shirley (Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Rush) where the two first collaborated for the album "You & Me". This album marked their seventh album together in six years.
- Music Videos
"We've taken some really traditional old blues songs - the Howin' Wold song 'Who's Been Talkin' and Robert Johnson's 'Stones In My Passway'," says Shirley, "and we've tried to imagine how they would do them in a rock context. It's a very exciting, return to the blues, in a very visceral way. It's vibrant and it's gutsy and it's really, really rugged."
- To move Joe out of his comfort zone, a unique group of musicians were assembled, including Aerosmith guitarist's Brad Whitford and Blondie Chaplin, Anton Fig from the David Letterman band and Jimmy Barnes from Australian rock band Cold Chisel. The title track also features a special appearance from Harrison Whitford.
- Episodes - 'Countdown to The Daylight'
- Each of the ten episodes were released weekly on JBTV, leading up to the album launch on May 22, 2012. Featuring never-before-seen interviews and behind-the-scenes footage of Joe in the studio. Extended cuts and music videos followed.
- Discover more at - http://www.jbonamassa.com
Follow Joe - Twitter.com/JBonamassa and Facebook.com/JoeBonamassa
Client Company: J&R Adventures/Caveman Productions
Production Company: CGFilm
Director/DOP: Marcus Sweeney-Bird
Editor: Marcus Sweeney-Bird
Producer: Kevin Shirley
Executive Producer: Roy Weisman
Thanks to Zoe Thrall, Studio at The Palms.
A 10-part 'behind-the-scenes' series, looking at the making of Joe Bonamassa's 2012 album 'Driving Towards The Daylight'.
Art Direction, Creative Direction, Directing